Hans Arp’s second wife Marguerite Arp-Hagenbach contributed a large part of the estate of Hans Arp and Sophie Taeuber-Arp to the Stiftung Arp e.V.‘s collection. The Foundation therefore possesses a considerable part of the artistic estate of both artists and an archive of historic documents. The collection is supplemented by a library.
- Sculptures (bronze, plaster, limestone) can be researched via the database
- Works on paper (drawings, prints, collages, portfolios)
- Printing blocks
- Book illustration
The Stiftung Arp e.V. owns the most comprehensive collection of her work, including:
- Works on paper (drawings, prints, gouaches, drawings for furniture, interiors, marionettes)
- Textiles (cushions tapestries, lace)
- An album compiled by Sophie Taeuber-Arp is kept at the Stiftung Arp, which collects photos of her applied and architectural works and is available as a reprint from our bookshop and the Spanish publisher Ivorypress
All works of the Foundation’s collection can be researched on the website of the Sophie Taeuber-Arp Research Project STARP.
Artist friends & group works
- Works by Max Ernst, Sonia and Robert Delaunay, Francis Picabia, Michel Seuphor, Raoul Hausmann, Richard Huelsenbeck, Tristan Tzara and many more
- Biographical photos of Sophie Taeuber-Arp, Hans Arp, their friends, and family
- Correspondence of Hans Arp and Marguerite Arp-Hagenbach after 1945 with art historians, collectors, gallery owners, museum curators, publicists, publishers, foundries, including extensive correspondence with art historian Carola Giedion-Welcker and Arp’s American gallery dealers Sidney Janis and Curt Valentin (in copy)
Other print products (e.g. Invitation cards)
- Literature by and about Hans Arp and Sophie Taeuber-Arp
- Books from Hans Arp’s personal library
- Historic exhibition catalogues and magazines, especially of the 1920s and 1930s
- Catalogues on Art of Dadaism and Surrealism
- Publications on 20th century sculpture
The holdings are continuously digitized.